Fantasy M&A from the Telegraph: Apple to buy Land Rover, Melrose to buy Unilever and ....
Having worked as a financial hack for the last fifteen years I guess it wasn't too hard to predict there will be plenty of "prediction" pieces at this time of the year.
How else you do fill a newspaper, website or Bloomborg terminal during a news vacuum at the end/beginning of the year?
Perhaps the most bizarre prediction piece came from Matthew Lynn, a business columnist for The Daily Telegraph, my former employer.
Lynn dedicates today's column to five M&A deals "it would be great to see" over the next twelve months. They are:
1. Apple buying Jaguar Land Rover.
2. Barclays buying Deutsche Bank.
3. Amazon purchasing Marks & Spencer.
4. Melrose, yes thats Melrose Industries, snapping up Unilever.
5. Emirates acquiring IAG, the owner of British Airways and Iberia.
Below is a link to the entire piece if you can be bothered to read it:..
Register for free to see rest of this article and all public articles from BetavilleLogin / Register